Why are more and more people changing to LED lighting?
There are several reasons to replace your existing lighting with LED's. The primary reason for most people is to SAVE MONEY on BOTH electricity and bulb replacement costs. LED lighting uses far less electricity, while producing an equivalent light output to your current lighting and in some cases you can reduce electricity costs by up to 90%, plus make savings on the cost of replacement bulbs due to the much longer lifespan of the LED’s (up to 50,000 hours).
For a fuller explanation of LED Benefits, see below.
What are the complete benefits of using LED lights?
- Huge reductions on your electricity bills
- Extremely energy efficient - 80% of electricity used converted to light energy - helps to save the environment!
- Much longer life-span than halogen/incandescent/fluorescent bulbs - saves cost and time of replacing bulbs
- LED lighting reduces the "carbon footprint" of your business and helps your business meet environmental and CSR goals
- Installation of LED bulbs may qualify for beneficial financial treatment under the government's "Green Deal"
- Businesses may be able to claim tax relief on LED lighting implementation through the Enhanced Capital Allowance (ECA) Scheme
- LEDs can provide light in many colours and you can create interactive lighting environments with LED lights
- Low temperature operation - full light output in low temperatures.
- Instant switch on with no warm up time
- Environmentally friendly - no toxic mercury content and no IR or UV emissions
- Directional light
- Life unaffected by rapid cycling
- Low profile and compact size
- Breakage and vibration resistant